Sunday, July 14, 2013

DIY | Cute colorful bangles and infinty bracelets

Hi lovelies, it has been a while since I've done a DIY, so here's one today. In this DIY I'm going to show you how to make your bangles more colorful and I'm going to show you how to make an infinity bracelet. This DIY is budget proof, takes literally under ten minutes and it's fun to do, so let's get going..




Click read more for the explanations of the DIY ( part 1 bangles / part 2 infinity bracelet )


PART 1 || The colorful bangles || For this DIY you only need a couple tools. The tools you need are: old/cheap bangles, cotton thread (ofcourse color of your choice), glue and some scissors.



Step 1 || Take one of the bangles and the cotton thread of your choice. Take the thread and cut off a long piece, I cut mine somewhere between 50 and 80 centimeters. It won't matter if it's either too long or too short. If it's too long you can cut a piece of at the end or if it's too short you can always add more thread if it's neccesary. It's not supposed to be perfect it's a DIY after all, so don't panic just keep going!



Step 2 || Apply some glue to the inner side of the bangle and place one end of the tread on the glue. Wait for it to dry then continue adding glue to the outter side of the banle and start wrapping the thread around it tightly. Try not to create gaps, you want the thread to cover the bangle entirely. Just keep applying more glue and continue wrapping the thread.



Step 3 || If you're done wrapping, cut of your remaining thread and glue the end of the threat on the inside of the bangle so it won't be show and that's it. You now have your own cute colorful bangle.



PART 2 || The infinity bracelet || The infinity bracelet has been one of the most popular bracelets lately. I love the infinity sign and I think it's really cute, but not all the bracelets are cheap, so I thought I can create this myself.



For this DIY the tools that you need are: jewelry wire, cotton thread, (cutting) pliers, scissors and a nail polish bottle with a thin top (something like the thickness of your index finger). Again not a lot of tools, so let's go on.



Step 1 || First we're going to create the infinity sign. Take your wire and cut off around 8 centimers (around 3,15 inces) if you have bigger wrists, but if you have small wrists like me cut off around 6 to 6,5 centimers (around 2,36 inches).



Step 2 || Take your wire and curl one of side of the wire around the nail polish top, this will help to create one of the loops of the infinity sign.Push the loop down so it creates a weird ''P'' form. An infinity sign has oval shapes not round, so we're trying to create and oval formed loop.







Step 3 || Take the remaning wire and repeate the nail polish trick and create another weird ''P'' shape (from step 2). At this point you can take pliers and try to perfect your shape as much as you want. If you're happy with your results you can continue with step 4.




Step 4 || Take your cotton thread (color of your choice) and cut two pieces of 28 centimeters



Step 5 || Take one of the threads fold them in half and loop them through one of the sides of the infinity sign.




Step 6 || Take the two ends of the thread and pull them through the little hole you created and tightly pull it so it won't come loose.




Step 7 || Continue step 5 and 6 to the other side and you're done. You've now got your own made infinity bracelet. Super lovely to wear on it's own or with more bracelets.

I hope you guys liked my little DIY, which bracelet is your fave? Thank for reading. 

Love, Sabine

5 comments:

  1. Hey there!!
    I nominated you for the Liebster Award on my blog!
    http://xvanillaxberryx.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG what a pretty Bracelets. This is my first time to this site but my friend has told me about your work and you are very very good!
    Bangle bracelets

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thank you so much, this comment made my day! :) Glad you like it! xx

      Delete
  3. This is EXACTLY what I was looking for. Thanks a ton!
    I was wondering how you fasten the infinity bracelet - do you just tie it or what? I'd be really grateful if you could tell me :)

    ReplyDelete