Sunday, April 28, 2013

DIY | Easy knuckle rings

Hi everyone, today I’m posting my first DIY and I’m really excited to show you all how to make these cute simple knuckle rings. This DIY is budget proof, very simple and takes a couple minutes to make so let’s get started.




What tools do you need? For this DIY I went to my local arts and crafts store and bought gold jewerly wire which cost me around €2,50 (around $3). Ofcourse you can use any color of your choice but gold is my favorite ring color so I went for that. Next I used a ruler for measuring the wire and a nail polish bottle for bending my wire. Last but not least I used a metal cutting plier and normal pliers.


Step 1: Take your wire and measure around 5 cm (2 inches) and cut it with your metal cutting pliers. Note: do not use scissors to cut your wire, cutting pliers makes it way easier!


Step 2: Once you have your 5 cm piece you’re going to bend it around the top part of your nail polish bottle. You will end up with a little ring and from here you can see if it fits around your knuckle or if you need to make it smaller by bending the ends more towards eachother. If you have a hard time bending the wire with your hands try to use some pliers. As I said pliers make it easier.







Step 3: You now have a simple basic knuckle ring. You can stop here and wear it like this or continue and create a chevron shaped knuckle ring.


Step 4 (optional chevron part): Take your basic knuckle ring and some pliers. All you want to do now is find the middle of your ring. Once you found the middle you take your pliers, place them around the wire and push the wire downwords so it creates a v shape. It’s a bit tricky but you will get the hang of it. Once you pushed the ring into a v shape you’re done. You now got your own DIY chevron knuckle ring.


I hope you guys liked my first DIY and I hope I made you curious about my upcoming blog posts. Thanks for reading!

Love, Sabine


FOLLOW ME || tumblr || instagram || bloglovin || polyvore

12 comments:

  1. Thats such a good idea, definitely going to try this, also love the orange of your nails xx

    maddie-elizabeth.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! It's super easy and literally takes no time at all. The nail polish is from the Essie Poppy Razzi collection if you're wondering! :)
      xo

      Delete
  2. what a cool idea!:)
    Maddie xx
    http://eighteen-cool.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is awesome! i'm totally going to try it

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi there, what gauge is the wire you used? love your blog x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hii, if you mean the thickness then I'm not that sure but it's around 1mm thick. I've seen people use really thin wires but I personally like the thicker ones better because they feel nicer when you where them. Hope you can find it at your local crafts store! And thanks lovely
      xo

      Delete
    2. btw your blog is gorgeous wow followed you on bloglovin ♡

      Delete
  5. Great idea :) they look very pretty!

    Thataprilinparis.blogspot.pt

    ReplyDelete