Friday, April 11, 2014

The Perfect Waterproof Eyliner || Budget VS ''High End''


Hi babes, as you all know me a good waterproof eyeliner is essential for my everyday look. At the moment my MAC Liquid Last is my holy grail to create my winged eyeliner. MAC is on the more ''higher end'' beauty brand side, so I decided to compare it with a budget waterproof eyeliner in this case one from Catrice. So to see details on this budget vs high end eyeliner, click the link below.


So the eyeliners I'm comparing to each other are ''MAC Liquid Last'' and ''Catrice Liquid Liner Waterproof''. So first I will give more details on the products.



MAC Liquid Last
- Waterproof 
- Brush tip
20.00 / $19.50
- 2,5 ml / 0,084 fl oz

Catrice Liquid Liner
- Waterproof
- ''010 Don't Leave me''
- Felt Tip
- €3,89 / $5,40 (I don't know the exact price in dollars)
- 1,7 ml / 0,05 fl oz 

So as you already notice in price range Catrice is way cheaper than MAC, which was already obvious due the title. The next difference that's important is the tips of the eyeliners, MAC has a little brush and Catrice has a felt tip. I personally like a little brush better, because I kinda struggle with a felt tip eyeliner. I do think that both eyeliner apply easily (even though I struggle a bit with felt tips) and they both create a slick eyeliner look. 



So are both eyeliners waterproof? Let's see the pros and cons of both products.

MAC Liquid Last

PROS
- More than waterproof I would say
- Survives any type of contact with water (shower, rain, eye drops)
- You can rub your eyes without worrying it will smudge
- Color is really black and stays that way
- Stays on like a dream aka all day long

CONS
It's a KILLER to get off, you really need a GOOD makeupremover to take this of. It doesn't necessarily have to be an expensive on. I usually use one of those makeupremovers that have these two layers and you have to shake. I find those the best to remove this eyeliner, if you use a lotion kinda remover it will take a while before it gets off.



Catrice Liquid Liner

PROS
-Waterproof (survives rain)
- Applies easily
- Colors is really black and mostly stays that way
- Nice thin felt tip, great for winged eyeliners
- Budgetproof
- Easy to remove

CONS
- If you rub your eyes it wont smudge, but you have the chance that it will kinda crumble off
- I rather not use my eyedrops when wearing it because I have the chance it will crumble off when i rub my eyes

So is the Catrice Liquid Liner comparable to the MAC Liquid Last? In some ways I'd say yes. You can't see the difference while wearing it and it gives you the same perfect eyeliner look. The only difference thats most important is how long it lasts while wearing it. MAC Liquid Last will assure a longlasting all day eyeliner without any smudging. Catrice Liquid Liner will last a long way, but you have to watch out with rubbing your eyes or while putting in eyedrops for expample contacts if you rub your eyes afterwards, but I do think that it's waterproof enough to last a long time it's just a little detail to not fiercly rub your eyes. 

I will most definitely continue wearing both eyeliners. I now just found a great budget proof waterproof eyeliner that is waterproof enough for me to wear on a daily basis. I definitely recommend getting it if you have a Catrice section in your local drugstores, so yeah I hope this helped anyone out there who's always looking for a great waterproof eyeliner.

Love, Sabine 


FOLLOW ME || tumblr || instagram || bloglovin || polyvore

No comments:

Post a Comment